Dr B M Mehtre is a Professor at IDRBT. He has completed Ph.D. (Engineering), from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 1991.He worked at the Research & Development Centre, CMC Ltd. for over 22 years and over 25 years of Industrial R&D Experience in Biometrics and other areas.Worked at the Research & Development Centre, CMC Ltd. for over 22 years.He worked as Scientist at National University of Singapore for 3 years (1992-95). He was a visiting Scholar at Michigan State University, USA (1990) and held academic positions at the IIIT Hyderabad (adjunct faculty, 2000-01).
He is an Associate Editor,Pattern Recognition Journal,Elsevier.He got Best Paper Award at the ICCIC Conference in the area of Cyber Defense in two consecutive years(2013 and 2014).His seminal work on fingerprint identification led to the development of the first automated fingerprint identification system in India, which was later deployed in many state police departments in India and some countries outside India.
His Patent –
STAR – A System for Trademark Archival and Retrieval; CP Lam, JK Wu, B Mehtre – World Patent Information, 1996
Some of his recent published Journals are :
- Ghanshyam S. Bopche, Babu M. Mehtre, “Graph Similarity Metrics for Assessing Temporal Changes in Attack Surface of Dynamic Networks”, Computers & Security, Volume 64, pp. 16–43, January 2017
- K Sitara, BM Mehtre, “Digital Video Tampering Detection: An Overview of Passive Techniques”, Digital Investigation, Volume 18, pp. 8-22, September 2016
- Hiran V Nath, Babu M. Mehtre, “Analysis of a Multistage Attack Embedded in a Video File”, Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, June 2015, DOI 10.1007/s10796-015-9570-5
- Sugandh Shah, and B.M. Mehtre, “An Overview of Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing Techniques”, Journal of Computer Virology and Hacking Techniques, Springer, November 2014.
- Manu V. T., B. M. Mehtre, “Detection of Copy-Move Forgery in Images using Segmentation and SURF”, 2nd International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems, December 16–19 2015, IITMK Trivandrum, India
- Sitara K., B. M. Mehtre, “Real-Time Automatic Camera Sabotage Detection for Surveillance Systems”, 2nd International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems, December 16–19 2015, IITMK Trivandrum, India
- Hiran V Nath, B. M. Mehtre, “Ensemble Learning for Detection of Malicious Content Embedded in PDF Documents”, IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Informatics, Communication and Energy Systems 2015 (IEEE SPICES), February 19-21 2015, National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NITC), Kerala, India